Reny®SRH0101 (tentative name) -Plant Based Material-
October 27, 2010
Reny® is a generic name of Mitsubishi Gas Chemical's polyamide-based molding materials.
Mitsubishi Engineering Plastics developed a material for injection molding which is mainly composed by a plant-based high heat-resistance polyamide that newly created by Mitsubishi Gas Chemical. Marketing has also started. Conventional high-strength of Reny® is also preserved, and can be used in conditions which heat resistance, low water absorbability, and toughness are required.
To meet many types of requirement, we are planning a various grade expansion in future.
- Reny®SRH0101 (tentative name) have following features.
- ①Glass fiber 50% filled plant-based polyamide (Unlike a biodegradable resin, it will not degrade in the environment.）
- ②High crystallinity polyamide which melting point is over 280℃, and high physicality retention even in a high temperature over 100℃.
- ③Very low water absorption rate in polyamide. Physicality degradation and dimension change when water absorbing is very small.
- ④Low specific weight, high impact strength and high deflection temperature under load, compared to the conventional Reny®.